inspirational quotes about god and faith

Inspirational quotes about god and faith

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I just find myself happy with the simple things. Appreciating the blessings God gave me.
------------
“Parents are like God because you wanna know they're out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.”
------------
“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.”
------------
“I talk to God but the sky is empty.”
------------
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)... There are just some kind of men who - who're so busy worrying about the next world they've never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.”
------------
“He died not for men, but for each man. If each man had been the only man made, He would have done no less.”
------------
“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
- I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
- I shall fear only God.
- I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
- I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
- I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.”
------------
“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.”

0 comments :

Post a Comment